Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Corabeth Walton Godsey|
|Family||Orma Lee(sister), Isaac Godsey(husband), Aimee Godsey (Adopted daughter)|
|Actor||Ronnie Claire Edwards|
When Corabeth first appears in Season3' s "The Matchmakers", Corrie is shy, retiring, and acts as though she is downtrodden. She is rather plain, with her hair in a bun and simple, drab colored clothing. She develops, very quickly, after her marriage to Ike, into what apparently was waiting to come out all along---a modern (1930s) prototype of Harriet Oleson (Little House on the Prairie) and a society debutante, with airs, graces, and ettiquette, as well as knowledge of the fine arts, not even seen among the Baldwin Sisters, the richest women in town. Corabeth often means well, but is interfering and gossipy in the affairs of the community, especially the Walton family, and is very pretentious, with fancier clothing and hats than most of the women can afford. Corabeth later tones down her outlandish behavior, after a drinking problem and some issues with her marriage, but remains pleasant but annoying down to the last episode.
- First appearance, nicknamed "Corrie" in Season 3's "The Matchmakers".
- Lived on Walton's Mountain with parents when John-Boy was a baby.
- Her "Momma" died a month before Season 3's "The Matchmakers" at the age of 79.
- Played the piano "To the Wild Rose" in Season 3's "The Matchmakers".
- She is John's second cousin in Season 3's "The Matchmakers".
- She is the wife of Ike Godsey, married in Season 3's "The Matchmakers". Olivia was the maid-of-honor.
- Makes divinity for a church bazaar from a Doe Hill recipe in Season 4's "The Genius".
- Corabeth says that her fourth cousin Jessie got blood on her quilt (which is suppose to be bad luck) but had eleven children, out lived three husbands, and died rich in Season 4's "The Quilting".
- Corabeth has read the book Coming of Age by Martha Meade.
- Originally from Doe Hill (real Doe Hill west of Staunton, VA.
- Thinks she is pregnant, but temporarily leaves Ike when she finds she is not pregnant, in fact is not able to have children in The First Edition.
- Baptized during Baptist Church revival in The Baptism.
- Adopted Aimee in The Great Motorcycle Race.
Cousin Sue Ellen s7/e15. Brother Albert is minister graduated Jerome College in Savannah s7/e15. Cousin Mary Margaret Fitz s7/e20. Uncle Lucas (mother's eldest brother) s8/e8. Operated Walton School of the Dance s7/e7 (also beauty parlor, hat store, tea parlor, real estate agent s9/e1) Sister Orma Lee s9/e14. Spinster Aunt Mitilda lives Doe Hill 5/9/82.